Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable dentures. Implants provide excellent support and stability for these and other dental appliances.
Dental implants are artificial roots and teeth usually made from titanium that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by your dentist. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile.
Dental implants are very strong, stable, durable and will last many years. On occasion, they will need some general maintenance like re-tightening or replacing due to regular wear.
There are several reasons for dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Restore a patient’s confident smile
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion
- Restore or enhance facial tissues
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable